Local AttractionsBOOK A ROOM
WHAT’S GOING ON IN LANCASTER COUNTY?
The Warehouse Hotel is just a short drive from a host of attractions to suit visitors of all ages and interests. Ride a historic train, get lost in a corn maze, take in a live show, shop in the country’s oldest farmer’s market or tour Amish country. You’re sure to find something to please everyone in your group in Lancaster County.
Top Local Attractions to Visit in Lancaster County
- Lancaster Junction Trail: The Warehouse Hotel is located beside this beautiful trail offering views of farmland.
- Chickie’s Rock County Park: Located near the Susquehanna River, this park a 100 foot overlook, areas for rock climbers, and boat launch.
- Horseback Riding at Nookside Stables: The Nookside is just a short walk or minute drive down the road from the Warehouse Hotel. Take a ride on the wild side and enjoy views of the 48 acre horse farm!
- Tanger Outlets: A regular tourist stop, the Tanger Outlets in both Lancaster and Hershey have a wide variety of shops and deals.
- Downtown Lancaster: The city of Lancaster is home to many quaint shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
- Spooky Nook Sports: Each child staying at the Warehouse Hotel will get an arcade card to the Nook’s 60 game arcade! The Nook also features a climbing gym with 30 foot walls, a unique adventure Clip N’ Climb, batting cages, and court and turf space.
- Turkey Hill Experience: Learn how ice cream is made and make your own special flavor!
5. Live Entertainment: From comedy to Christian theater, Lancaster County offers a melting pot of different shows!
- Sight & Sound Theatre: Described as “Christian Broadway”, Sight & Sound will not only bring the Bible to life but dazzle your senses.
- Tellus360: Located downtown Lancaster, Tellus360 is an Irish Pub featuring three levels of concert space in addition to a roof top bar overlooking the city. Concerts range in a variety of local talent!
6. Wineries & Breweries: Enjoy the unique flavors of the central PA’s wine region and microbreweries.
- Mount Hope Winery: This winery is located on the grounds of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire offering a variety of PA fruit wines and unique events.
- Bubes Brewery: This 19th century brewery and museum is filled with multiple dining spaces including dinner in the catacombs. Bubes Brewery offers a fun beer menu and events including live music, mystery dinner parties, and ghost tours.
7. The Arts: Lancaster’s art scene has really started booming over the past year.
- Gallery Row: Prince Street in Lancaster City is also known as Gallery Row with local artist’s and events. Events include First Friday’s with art demonstrations and Artwalk throughout the city in May and October.
- Lancaster Museum of Art: Offering a range of painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, and other media by local, regional, national, and international artists ranging from emerging to professional status, the Lancaster Museum of Art is a culture destination you don’t want to miss.
8. The Food: With a farm fresh initiative, Lancaster’s restaurant and food scene offers the fresh local flavors.
- Forklift & Palate Restaurant: The Warehouse Hotel houses the Forklift & Palate Restaurant. Along with local flavors, enjoy a one-of-a-kind dining experience in a repurposed industrial warehouse.
- Lancaster Central Market: Your visit to Lancaster is not complete until you stop in and see the Lancaster Central Market located in the heart of the city. This 120 year old brick market features high wooden beamed ceilings and close to 70 local vendors. There are traditional Amish foods in addition to mom and pop stands.
9. Festivals: Plan your visit around one of the many festivals in the Lancaster area.
- Lancaster Craft Beerfest: Beer enthusiasts will enjoy this annual festival downtown. Taste the offerings of local breweries from all over the area.
- Lancaster Roots & Blues: This festival features over 50 artists at 10 venues, with 11 stages all within a few blocks of each other. Walk from stage to stage listening to the sounds of our local talent!
10. Hershey, PA: The Warehouse Hotel is located just 20 minutes from Hershey attractions.
- Hershey Gardens: This features a breathtaking assortment of flowers, rare, signature trees, and events overlooking the town of Hershey.
- ZooAmerica: With 200 animals, this North American Wildlife Park connected to HersheyPark is a great educational experience for kids and adults alike.