What Is It Like In Lancaster County, PA During The Winter Months?
If you plan to visit Lancaster County in winter, you are in luck. The area remains a welcoming and bustling community year-round, and it transforms into a winter wonderland during the holidays. You will find loads of Lancaster County attractions to enjoy during the cold weather. Let's explore the many things this area has to offer.
Weather in Lancaster County
First, a note about the weather. Make sure you dress appropriately for many of these activities, or you may get too distracted by the cold to have fun. The temperature during the winter months in Lancaster generally hovers in the mid-30 degrees Fahrenheit. You should be prepared for snow, which may fall at any point during the winter. Bring boots, gloves, and mittens in case of precipitation.
Holiday Activities in Lancaster County
This truly is the most wonderful time of the year in Lancaster. You can find lots of places to visit near Lancaster during the runup to New Year's Eve. Here are a few of our favorites to check out:
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane: Experience the excitement of the Hershey amusement park with twinkling holiday lights and Santa and his reindeer. Hersheypark stays open for the holidays through New Year's Day. Check out the package deal we have for Hersheypark Christmas Candylane.
- Sight & Sound Theatres: Watch the "Miracle of Christmas," with all the shepherds, angels and the baby Jesus celebrating around a huge Christmas tree. The annual event includes real animals for the manger scene, too.
- Tree Lighting at Penn Square: The mayor presides over this fun event that also features the arrival of Santa in Lancaster County. Listen to tuba music and pop into Central Market to buy refreshments while you wait for the tree to light up.
- Dutch Winter Wonderland: Dutch Wonderland opens for the winter in late November, and it's all lit up with the holiday spirit. Enjoy the rides with this special bit of flair.
- Breakfast With Santa at Spooky Nook Sports: We ho-ho-hope to impart the holiday spirit at our breakfast with Santa, where kids of all ages can see the big guy from the North Pole and pass on their Christmas wishes.
- Turkey Hill Experience: Every day, you can make your own ice cream flavor and sample tea and lemonade to your heart's content. In December, enjoy ice cream with Santa and get a freshly baked cookie from Mrs. Claus.
- Lantern Tours at Ephrata Cloister: High school students play historical roles in the story of the Cloister, which dates back to the 1700s.
New Year's Eve in Lancaster
Lancaster offers the perfect venue to celebrate New Year's Eve, too. The lowering of the Red Rose caps a fun evening, including a concert and fireworks. All the activities are free.
Enjoy all the Lancaster County Attractions to Visit in the Winter
Whether you come to town for a sports tournament or just to enjoy the holidays in Lancaster County, you can count on Warehouse Hotel to give you the best experience. Located conveniently near all these holiday activities, our hotel makes an excellent home base during this festive season. Contact us to make a reservation.